Is going gluten-free a fad? I personally think it is nowhere near a fad, particularly for people who are gluten sensitive. People who are allergic to gluten make an extra effort to avoid foods with a high percentage of gluten as an ingredient. This is where the challenge comes in. Most of the time, gluten-free food replacements are expensive and you rarely find low-cost food items with no gluten in them. For those suffering from Celiac disease, or what you call gluten allergy, eating healthy can mean breaking the bank.
We have a guest today who will totally disagree, based on experience and knowledge, that eating healthy is unsustainable especially when you go on a gluten-free diet. In this episode, I talk with Jennifer Fugo about creating healthy meal plans at low costs along with the budgeting and shopping tips and tricks to ensure huge savings and high-diet efficiency.
Jennifer is the founder of Gluten Free School, a website that teaches gluten-sensitive individuals simple, savvy and empowering steps to get healthy.
She’s been named a “Gluten-Free Guru” by Philadelphia magazine and she co-hosts the famous “Gluten-Free Sugar Cleanse” as well as her own Gluten-Free School podcast. Her expertise in living a gluten-free lifestyle has led her to be featured on The Dr. Oz Show, Yahoo! News, eHow, CNN, Huffington Post, and others.
Ready to learn about the gluten-free diet? Check out the following:
- Is going gluten-free a fad?
- Gluten: a serious issue for people with Celiac disease
- Health consequences when you eat anything that’s not nourishing your body
- Why you need to be knowledgeable about what’s in your food
- Making your diet plan work for you
- Figure out where your threshold is – learning how and what to buy
- Identifying real gluten-free products and those that are not
- Tips on budgeting and shopping for the best deals for food
- Eat real food – ensuring nutrient density in your food choices
- Make your meal go further at home
- Getting the right appliances will change your cooking experience
- Be your own advocate – be savvy and smart about how you choose to eat
- On drinking alcoholic beverages while avoiding gluten
Links for this Episode
Gluten Free School.com/gift (Seven-day menu plan)
Eat real food. [Click to tweet]
Create a workable diet plan. [Click to tweet]
Is going gluten-free a fad? [Click to tweet]
Do you know what’s in your food? [Click to tweet]
How to identify gluten-free products. [Click to tweet]